yam paste after cooked, and the garnishing..
Coarsely chopped dried shrimps..
After taken the pictures, these two pieces of yam cake become my yummy tea break...
220g yam, small cubed
250g rice flour
20g tapioca flour
70g dried shrimps, soaked and chopped coarsely
10 shallots, slices
1tsp salt or to taste
1/2tsp chicken stock powder
1/2tsp white pepper powder
GarnishingChopped spring onion
Chopped fresh red chilli
1. Mix all seasonings with rice flour, tapioca flour and water by hand whisk till a watery batter.
2. Heat oil in a wok, sauté shallots till golden brown, add in dried shrimps and stir fry till fragrant.
3. Dish out half of the mixture and keep aside for later garnishing. Add in yam and stir fry for 1min. Pour in the watery batter and cook mixture for 1-2mins over low heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture turns to a thick paste.
4. Pour the paste into a greased cake tin. Smoothen the surface with a spatula. Place it in the steamer and steam over high heat for 45 minutes.
5. Remove the cake and allow it to cool thoroughly before cutting into slices.
6. Garnish with shrimp/shallot mixture, chopped spring onion and red chilli on top.
7. Serve with sweet chilli sambal (chilli sauce).