If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Japanese Avocado and Crab Sticks Pasta 日式鳄梨蟹肉意大利面


The other day I went out with my girl friends for a gang dinner in a Japanese pasta restaurant nearby. We tried many types of Japanese pasta, and this was one of the pasta that i like the most, Avocado and crab sticks pasta with sesame flavored dressing .

IMG_2263 copy

I adapted the sesame flavoured dressing from Nami Just One Cookbook, it was delicious, full of sesame fragrance (something like peanut butter) and mild sour..

IMG_2243

Once you get ready the sesame dressing, then it is very easy, just assemble all ingredients together and enjoy! Healthy and good!

IMG_2288 copy


Japanese Avocado and Crab Sticks Pasta
(recipe source: sesame dressing adapted from Nami (Just one cookbook)

Sesame dressing ingredients
4 tbsp white sesame seeds
3 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
3 tbsp rice vinegar (I use flavoured distilled vinegar)
1 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
1 and ½ tsp caster sugar or to taste
1tsp mirin
A pinch of salt or to taste

300g spaghetti, cooked till al dente
10 crab sticks, steam or re-heat
1 avocado, sliced
some chopped carrot

Method
1. Toast sesame seeds in a frying pan on low heat until golden brown and aroma.
2. Grind the sesame seeds in a spice grinder (don’t grind too fine, keep it a bit coarse gives better texture when eating)
3. Mix sesame dressing seasonings in a mixing bowl, add in grinded sesame seeds, and mix till combine.
4. Mix sesame dressing with cooked spaghetti, garnish crab sticks, avocado slices and chopped carrot on top. Mix everything together and enjoy!!

IMG_2269 copy

47 comments:

Sally said...

好新鲜的搭配哦,呵呵我又学到了
一道料理。。。

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Oh I love this too. I usually order this at Pasta Zumai in 1 Utama when I'm back in KL. :)) delish!

Mel said...

The primary for this is the dressings....i can imagining the taste now! One of this day i will make this. Do you think instead of using the rice vinegar i can substitute with lemon juice? I have to try to look for mirin here...as i hv searched n asked jusco n they dont have!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Mel, i am not sure the taste will be same if you replace with lemon juices. Why not stick to rice vinegar since it is easy available in any kitchen..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Dinner time coming, this makes me drooling...

Simple Person said...

nice .. something difference from the normal pasta that i eat.. :)

PH said...

I like this very much! Some more got avocado. The dressing must be very fragrant with toasted sesame seeds. I must try it!

Joceline Lor said...

那个酱汁应该好好吃吧!点了会开胃对吗?

Little Ghost said...

清爽的口感,好想吃~~:)

Rice Bowl Tales 有碗話碗 said...

Looks and sounds very healthy, also simple but tasty too ~ my type of food!! :)

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

I like this type light meal, yummy :)

Min said...

Very light and healthy dish! I think I will love this. I bookmark it first!

daphne said...

Fusion pasta!! I rarely think of using avocado in pasta except for salad pastas. I think this is a good compromise.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

非常特别哟这个,我喜欢!!!

Casey said...

好特别的意大利面,尤其是那个酱汁,我也好想吃!

Artsylicious said...

thanks for sharing, yayy! now I have one more option in my dinner menu!

Li Shuan said...

mmm....light and delicious jap dinner. I want all the avocado can or not? Hehe...

Lite Home Bake said...

This pasta looks nice and simple, good for a light and healthy lunch. Thanks for highlighting the sesame dressing, can try making some instead of depending on Kewpie :)

fiSeeL said...

That's a very good dressing, I think using it to make salad also very nice!

lena said...

i would like to try this dressing one day!

Nadji said...

Beaucoup de saveurs dans ce plat. J'aime beaucoup.
Je note.
A bientôt

ahteekitchen said...

Thanks for sharing this special dressing, sure try it out!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Interesting avocado in pasta!

Ana Regalado said...

I love this beautiful Asian-flavored pasta , Sonia ! Okay , sans avocado ! lol The dressing must taste delectable !

Yummy Bakes said...

Looks very appetising.

Bakericious said...

the sauce looks so tempting, feel like eating your pasta now.

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

I really love sesame dressing. It goes so well with avacados (which are my fav!) and crabsticks...

zila norazila said...

hi sonia
look so sedapp..simple but relly yummy:)

mui mui said...

Sonia,
I like this kind of light meal very much. This dressing looks so delish and i love the crab stick and avocado..yum yum~~

mui..^^

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, this is a pasta salad, right? I like the combination very much! Ethan & Isabelle are no.1 fan of pasta. Every week ask us to take them to a Jap restaurant to eat Jap pasta!

Eileen, Hundred Eighty Degrres said...

I'm not a fan of pasta but I do find this delicious: )

CQUEK said...

I really love your photos! You’ve definitely inspired me to practice more on my camera.

Martin said...

我喜歡這道清爽的涼麵, 看得我胃口大開!!

Small Kucing said...

should taste great

sabrina 莎莎 said...

Sonia~~
fresh-ing~~~~ yummy!!!!
so clever to make a nice dish~~~

Shu Han said...

nic efusion going on there with the typically japanese sushi accompaniments of avocado and crabsticks, but with pasta instead of rice!

Shu Han said...

nic efusion going on there with the typically japanese sushi accompaniments of avocado and crabsticks, but with pasta instead of rice!

Sissi said...

I love this Italian pasta and Japanese dressing combination. Of course crab sticks and avocado don't need any comment. I love all in your plate!

nurul said...

nice!
www.dresslover84.blogspot.com

obat stroke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sokehah cheah said...

Mmmm... looks so light and refreshing! Lovely clicks!

Alice said...

this pasta dish is really yummy
too bad my kids dont prefer to have this kind of pasta
i would end up finish this myself LOL

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Sonia, I'm going to try this one for sure!!! What a great idea to use pasta with this dressing! Thank you so much for linking back and your kind mention. I really appreciate it. I just shared your link on my facebook fan page too. ;)

Fern @ To Food With Love said...

This sounds delicious! Crabstick and avocado is a great combination and I can't wait to try out the sesame dressing. Sounds so healthy too!

ace maxs original said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cara alami mengobati asam urat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cara pemesanan ace maxs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin