If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, November 5, 2012

Japanese Gyoza (Potstickers) 餃子

During the recent visit to Kyoto and Osaka Japan, i ordered Gyoza almost in every meal  because I love gyoza very much..And i like the gyoza served in 餃子玉将shop the most.

IMG_2474 copy

Previously i either use store-bought Chinese dumpling wrappers or do my own wrapper, see my old post .Recently I find this Japanese gyoza wrapper is good, you can get it from Tesco..

IMG_8826

I even made my own La-Yu (Japanese chili oil ) to add into dipping sauce, just fry dried chili with cooking oil.
IMG_2475

IMG_2470 copy

I also put up a post to show you how to wrap dumplings or gyoza..check here.
.
IMG_2446


IMG_2463 copy


Japanese Gyoza (Potstickers) 餃子
(recipe source : by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover, dipping sauce adapted from Nami Just One Cookbook) *makes 28pcs

Filling ingredients

350g minced pork (prefer with some fat)
IMG_2454 copy 100g cabbage, chopped finely
1 stalk spring onion, chopped finely
1tsp grated ginger
1/2tbsp Japanese light soy sauce
1/2tsp Mirin (updated on 30 Jan 2015- change to 1tsp)
1/2tsp sake (updated on 30 Jan 2015-change to 1tsp)
3/4tsp salt or to taste
Pepper ( updated on 30 Jan 2015- to omit )
200g Gyoza wrappers

For each frying

1tbsp oil
1/4cup water

Dipping sauce

1tbsp rice vinegar
1tbsp soy sauce
1/8tsp La-Yu (Japanese chili oil ) – I use homemade chili oil, just deep fry dried chili with cooking oil, take chili oil and discard the fried chili.
Ginger, julienned

Method

1. Mix filling ingredients in a mixing bowl, use a pair of chopsticks or use hand to mix till sticky.
2. Wrap filling with gyoza wrappers, refer how to wrap dumpling or gyoza steps.
3. In a medium non-stick frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat. When the pan is hot, place Gyoza in a row (touching each other) at the center and place the rest of gyoza to fill up the entire pan.
IMG_8820
4. Fry gyoza till bottom turned golden brown, add in water and immediately cover with the lid, steam Gyoza till most of water evaporates.
IMG_8817

IMG_8819
5. Remove gyoza to a serving plate, and serve hot with dipping sauce (just mix all seasonings together).


IMG_8823




Gyoza 日式煎饺子

绞猪肉或绞鸡肉350

包菜100 , 切碎

青葱1 棵,切粒

姜茸1 茶匙

日本酱油1/2汤匙

Mirin 味醂1 茶匙

Sake 日本米酒1 茶匙

3/4茶匙
 

1包(200克)日式饺子皮,可以包~28个煎饺子

煎饺子时用-1汤匙植物油, 1/2杯水

做法:

1.      把绞肉和其他的食材放进搅拌碗里搅拌均匀。

2.      将皮的边缘用手指蘸点水润湿, 然后将约一汤匙的猪肉混合馅放在一张饺子皮的中心。将皮对折使馅完全包在皮内,然后封上。

3.      将植物油倒入一个大平底煎锅,在中火上预热。把饺子放在预热的油锅里,煎到皮呈浅黄色。

4.      再加水到煎锅里,盖上锅,让锅里的水蒸汽将饺子蒸熟,直到水完全蒸发即好。
在一小碗里,把酱油和米醋混匀,然后放入姜丝, 用来作为煎饺的蘸汁

42 comments:

0620 said...

Delicious... ^o^

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Me and my friend will order this too, if we eat at Japanese foods, hehe..

Mel said...

I did made Gyoza the last time BUT know what, I blur blur used the dumpling wrappers instead! Looking at your beautiful/delicious gyoza now, I think I should try again....this time will open my eyes wide to check gyoza pastry wrap!

Sem said...

I love these Japanese gyoza too, but never attempted to do this,can get from tesco , will try to source for it, thanks for sharing.

mui mui said...

Hi Sonia,
Thanks so much for sweet words in all my humble posts...:)
Yes, i do find that the 'link' that you mention does shows error message with 'profile is unavailable' i still can't find out why? Any idea how can i solve that?

Ohh!!! i love gyoza too. Yours look so yummy, i can have the whole plate for myself..:p

mui..^^

PH said...

Sedapnya....can't wait to try this on my own.

ICook4Fun said...

Gyoza is my fav kind of food too. I will usually make a big batch and freezed them up so I can have it on the day I am too lazy to cook.

CQUEK said...

What a feast!! Everything looks absolutely amazing

narf7 said...

I love Love LOVE this blog! Thank you so much for all of the wonderful recipes that you share with us and especially showing us how to's pictorially. I am really glad that I found your blog and added it to my rss feed reader. Sometimes its quite difficult to work out how to make pleats etc. when you are just reading written instructions :)

Joceline Lor said...

很赞0!现在感觉自己要去日本,不是去台湾呢。
哈哈哈~ 回来才慢慢研究这个。我喜欢。

Small Kucing said...

sendii make one sure nicer than outside!

Kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, I made gyoza last month using the same wrappers. So much easier. We had it at my mum's place without the dipping sauce cos' there wasn't any black vinegar in the house [should have mix soy sauce with rice vinegar].

Kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, I made gyoza last month using the same wrappers. So much easier. We had it at my mum's place without the dipping sauce cos' there wasn't any black vinegar in the house [should have mix soy sauce with rice vinegar].

Casey said...

哇。。。这个好吃哦!

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia belanjar makan gyoza today, yeah, I want I want! Wait for 1 day I'm really free then must try this. 1st time was seeing this from Wendy's place, really like it & I have marked it in my list but so far only look look, no real action yet! B4 I forgot, I've bought the mini oreo already, no worry!

Amelia said...

Hi Sonia, your potstickers look delicious. Your wrapping very neat and tidy.

Have a nice week ahead.

sabrina 莎莎 said...

Sonia~~
哇!!有现成的饺子皮捏~~ 不错哦!!我也要试试。。。。呵呵呵!!谢谢你的分享哦~~

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这个是我喜欢吃的哟
烧烧的时候吃更好吃:)

Baby Sumo said...

Oh this is so nice. I love gyoza too, hopefully the Tesco here also has the gyoza skin.

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

Your pot stickers are so beautifully wrapped. I tried to make it before and it was a disaster!

The Experimental Cook said...

Made this last night. It was delicious!

Star Hotels in Bhubaneswar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Li Shuan said...

Sonia, thanks for sharing this special recipe. I have 100 pcs gyoza wrapper sitting in my freezer for a long time...its time to put them into action! I like your photos....of coz I like the gyoza very much too.

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

yummy!! love eating dumplings!

Murat said...

Ohhh Great. I Liked.

Thanks

Murat

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

I love their gyoza too!

Artsylicious said...

nice gyoza & nice photos!!

Zoe said...

Amazing that the methods used to cook Jap gyoza and Shanghai fried dumplings are very similar. I remember that my Shanghai grandma cooks her fried dumplings using this method too.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy! I love gyoza!

Quiet_Baker- said...

Yum.......this is indeed delicious!!!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Your Gyoza is so perfect! My husband and kids alone can eat so many of this, but it's so easy to make that it's pretty much like one dish meal at my house. I just make a lot, and serve with miso soup and rice... and that's it! LOL. So nice to find out that you can find gyoza wrappers. I tried Chinese kind but it's a bit different. Japanese ones are thinner so it will be crispier. I LOVE your photos Sonia!! Lastly thank you so much for the links for dipping sauce and how to wrap gyoza. You are very kind and sweet friend... xoxo :)

Anonymous said...

This look like kou tiek. Isnt it?
Yatty

Anonymous said...

If not mistaken, cause i always hang out wit my fren who really like to eat kou tiek. He said the seller is originally from china. Im confuse now.
Yatty

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Yatti, yes, this is similar like guo tei, the difference is the seasoning, gyoza using Japanese seasoning like mirin, and Japanese dipping sauce which added chili oil. I don't care where their origin, so long it taste good!

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia, definitely with some fat ! lol Absolutely delicious !

petrina said...

Looks so yummy I want to make them ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Oh ok. I understand. Ya im sure its nice, cause my friend love it so much. I wanted to try, but till now i never see people sell vegetarian or halal dumpling. You know what I mean. O:-)
Yatty

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Yatty, you can simply replaced with chicken meat (prefer with some fat) and omit sake..

Unknown said...

你做什么像什么,超厉害的!!!
喜欢这个,可以跟你学习

Sharon @Feats of Feasts said...

i also recently made these, wish i had seen your post first on the folding and pleating, mine not so nice, haha.

Lady G said...

I'm crazing these gyoza. There is an Ebi Gyoza I loved from Miso Japanese Restaurant, I want that now.

From the Pen of Lady G

Lady G on Tumblr

Lady G on Facebook

Twitter @bloggerladyg

xx
LadyG

lena said...

hopefully the next time i make this, will turn out as pretty and neat as yours!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin