If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Macanese Minchi 澳門式免治


My sisters and mother are going to Taiwan tomorrow, this time my turn to take care my sister's children. I think it is fair, because everytime i went for "tumpang trip", they helped me to take care my children, hehehe..From tomorrow onwards, I have to cook for 9 peoples, start headache what to cook..

Ok, come back to this dish, this Minchi dish is totally new to me, at first look at the name, something like French cuisine and sound difficult to cook..After checking through the recipe, it is just a simple recipe..Minchi dish is a traditional dish from Macau, a simple recipe made by minced meat (beef or pork), potato, onion & etc..When you refer the Chinese name of this dish 免治, actually is refer to minced meat..
After eating this dish, i feel like want to visit Macau soon, ^_^..


IMG_2224 copy


I was amazing this simple recipe still resulted a great taste, and definitely a comfort dish.
If you are running idea what to cook especially in a lazy weekend, try this dish, you will love it!

IMG_2217 copy

I find Minchi also can be turned to a great filling for any pie, tart or rolls..I use the leftover Minchi and turned into rolls using puff pastry the next morning, YUM YUM!

IMG_2239 copy

This time, I cook by mixing minced beef and pork, you can also just cook it using beef. My advise is to deep fry potato cubes till brown for better flavours.


Macanese Minchi 澳門式免治
(recipe source: adapted from Terri aka Hunger Hunger and groud recipe, with minor changes)

400g ground beef

IMG_2195 copy 250g ground pork
3 medium potatoes, cut in small cubes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 bay leaves

2tbsp light soya sauce

2tbsp dark soya sauce
1/2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2tsp cumin powder
A dash of black pepper powder
1/2tsp sugar or to taste
Salt to taste

Method

1. Deep fry potato cubes till golden brown, set aside.
2. Remain 3tbsp of cooking in the wok, sauté garlic and onion till aroma.
3. Add in bay leaf, ground beef and pork, stir fry and breaking up the meat. Fry in medium-high heat until meat has turned white.
4. Add light and dark soy sauce, stir to mix well.
5. Lower the heat, cover for a couple of minutes, checking now and then to make sure the mixture doesn't burn.
6. Add in Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cumin powder, sugar and salt to taste.
7. Add in fried potato cubes, stir well and dish out.
8. Serve with rice, vegetables and fried egg.

 
IMG_2215 copy

35 comments:

Sem said...

i love this kind of one dish meal, simple and nice.
Taiwan is a nice place , the people are warm and friendly and plenty of food to eat,lots of shopping, hehe.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

So tempting...

Mel said...

Oh this is my kind of dish....i loves potato but i will opt out the beef. Because one of my family member dont eat beef.at the look at the photo, this dish is more on dry type, right. Oh the left over you can use that for puff filling, isnt it good? Wah cook for 9, really headache. Plan and Draw out the weekly menu then! :-)

kitchen flavours said...

Looks delicious! Simple meal like this is always the most satisfying ones! Cooking for 9? Should be no problem for you, you are such a good cook!
Enjoy! :)

PH said...

Sonia, must do jadual waktu for the daily menu hee..hee...I like this dish lah. Quite simple especially when cooking for many people.

sabrina 莎莎 said...

Sonia~~
我很喜欢呢~~那很好送饭或配面条呢~~

Sally said...

如果烫一些粿条来配应该也很好吃吧。。流口水料(☆_☆)

ping said...

I didn't know minchi is a Macau dish? Mum used to cook this all the time for me coz I love it so much ... even with porridge. I don't think we have any roots in Macau either :) Thanks for bringing this back to me ... I definitely will be making it very soon! Ah ... good ol' days ....

ann low said...

I love this minchi dish too and remember I had it once when I was in Macau. Next time I can cook this at home :)

bernice's kitchen said...

好开胃呢!看似简单,味道却不简单吧^^

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

That's right, Sonia, I always call it肉碎but my mother-in-law(she is a Hong Kee)calls it免治肉, now I use both words, when I'm talking to a Hong Kee, I will automatically switch it to 免治肉! I always love using pork mince to stir fry with potatoes only but this looks like a new idea to me now! Thanks!

Li Shuan said...

Simple yet delicious home cook dish. Ohhhh... Tomorrow onwards I'll become 奶妈, look after many kids..must be very busy. More cooking/ baking from ur kitchen lor

Chef and Sommelier said...

A very simple and satisfying home cooked meal.

CQUEK said...

Well you sure made the food look and sound fantastic even if I couldn’t taste it!

Angie's Recipes said...

A very delicious and satisfying meal! These pastry rolls look great too.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

很棒的晚餐哟
要料理9个人的伙食不容易~~

Bakericious said...

Sonia, my mil will cook this dish too and I love it, I am hungry now.

Ana Regalado said...

Very comforting and hearty dish ! And from such a simple ingredients , it sure looks mouthwatering ! Actually , I'm getting hungry by just looking at your photos *sigh* lol Will try this dish sometime .....

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

Simple and yummy :)

divya said...

wow...yummy n delicious dear

My Little Space said...

I'm sure this will be a busy busy week for you. It's never easy taking care of children. Have to ensure they all eat well & sleep tight every day. haha.... No worries! you're a superb cook. I bet they don't evem want to leave this house after their mom came back from the trip. haha....
Take care & have fun, dear.
Kristy

Casey said...

这道多用途的免治好棒哦!肯定是老少咸宜的一道菜!
:)

Swee San @ the Sweet Spot said...

nice plate!

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

The minchi looks so delicious! I have never actually heard about this dish, but it looks really simple to make at home, like chinese stir fry...

Baby Sumo said...

Minchi is such a cute name, and I like your puff pastry version a lot ;)

yvonne said...

OMG, I'm drooling over that plate of rice! Simple and yet captivating!

Initially thought I'll be feasting on some Korean food, minchi = kimchi? Hahaha!

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

should try this with chicken..yummy dear:)

kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, I love serving everything in 1 plate like this, what more it's complete with vege, proteins and carbo....this way no leftovers isn't?
Great idea.

mui mui said...

Sonia,
This looks simple and nice.
I think is a bit like 肉碎酱.
I sometime will cook something like this for the topping of my homemade dry ban mian..:)
mui..^^

Honey Bee Sweets said...

I've actually cooked this similar dish before, minced pork with diced potatoes and dark soy. Delicious I must say! Not easy to cook for do many ppl ya, but I'm sure you can my friend, jia you!

Alice said...

looking at the ingredients, i know my family will love this dish, Sonia
addition of fried eggs makes the dish look even more appetizing
yum! :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Japanese call ground meat "minchi" too. :) This sounds like a very easy to cook and even the flavor seems similar to what we cook at home (no recipe name but cooked at home). I like that you added fried egg!
Good luck with menus for 9 people!
p.s. Haven't heard anything from my MIL yet. Will let you know as soon as I hear from her. :)

lena said...

cooking for 9 people is not a problem to you at all, sap sap sui!

Kelly Siew said...

Such a comforting dish!

Emily said...

Oh My!
This is an awesome recipe. Bookmarked for me and DD#1 to try!

Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin