If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, November 23, 2012

Nyonya Cincalok Omelette 娘惹咸虾酱煎蛋

The other day i cooked this Nyonya cincalok omelette to enjoy with porridge for a light lunch.. Tasted like shrimp paste /belacan fried eggs, and one item you must add in this omelettle is onion, the sweetness from onion just perfectly contrast with salty cincalok (fermented small shrimps).


IMG_2338 copy

I bought this blue patterned enamel plate from Bali, and noticed they also like to use this kind of Chinese made enamel plates..And today i found another nice enamel plate, check out last picture in this post..

IMG_2335 copy


IMG_2361 copy


Nyonya Cincalok Omelette
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

4 eggs
80g fresh shrimps
IMG_2355 copy 1 onion, sliced
2tbsp cincalok
1tsp light soy sauce
pepper
6tbsp cooking oil

Method
1. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, sauté onion till fragrant.
2. Add in fresh shrimps, sprinkle light soy sauce, sauté till prawn changed color.
3. Add pepper into eggs, pour into the pan.
4. Use your finger, squeeze out as much as water from cincalok and spread cincalok on top of the egg.
5. Once the omelette starts to set, flip it over and brown the other side.
6. Dish out and serve hot with congee or rice.


The quality of this enamel plate is very good, thick and nice print. The owner of the shop told me that we can't find this kind of old-fashioned plate anymore. They left only few of this plates..

33 comments:

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

Your cincinlok omelette looks good. Love your plate!

Sally said...

很好下粥的一道菜,想到就流口水了。。。

这类复古的盘子很难再看到,你真幸运还让你
找到。。呵呵

PH said...

Yummy cincalok omelette! I think now enamel plates are back in fashion.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

This looks so nice...

Mel said...

I hardly buy cincalok eventhough I go to Melaka because I don't know how to make delicious meal with cincalok. The omelette looks very appetizing regardless to go with rice or porridge. Yes, you are right, it is hard to get enamel plate and bowl nowadays. Wish I was wise enough to save those back when my grandma still using those!

Chik Mimi said...

thank you sonia for sharing the rcp to make omellette with cencaluk ,will try it

Bakericious said...

I dun like cincalok, actually I dislike ikan bilis too but my husband and daughter love it, my mil always will cook this dish but without the onion, shd ask her to try yours next time.

rostina76 said...

hi sonia...
hehe, good idea to variety the old fashion omelet style. i use to cook 'telur dadar' with onion+dried small shrimps/udang geragau but this cencaluk idea will make it more easier i guess. tq anyway ;)

sabrina 莎莎 said...

Sonia…
Not easy to get tis kind …
n good looking! !
I also love tis omelet

yvonne said...

I must get my hand on cincalok, everyone is selling it hardly. Then I can try on those many tempting dish I read on blogs.

Love your cincalok omelete, Sonia!

Rice Bowl Tales 有碗話碗 said...

I love shrimps and I love omelettes, if cincalok is salted shrimps, I would love them too!! Sounds like an ideal warm and delicious lunch idea for the cold day over here :)

irene myme said...

最近我也爱上有cincalok的菜肴,谢谢你的分享哦!!

daphne said...

I like it! It's simple yet nutritious. Thanks for reminding how simple meals like that fills you up.

Artsylicious said...

Sonia, this is a perfect dish for porridge! simple yet delicious!

Vidya Chandrahas said...

I love shrimps and eggs...simple yet delcious.

ann low said...

I seldom use cincalok at home find the smell too strong but your omelette dish looks so delicious :)

Esther@thefussfreechef said...

I think i will like this dish too, sounds very appetizing.

chow and chatter said...

this looks tasty could be a nice quick meal with a salad

Sokehah cheah said...

I've never had cincalok for a long, long time. A reminder to get one bottle when I next visit Malacca.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

That's why you are my idol, a simple dish also looks so yummy there! I also like eating dishes with lots of onions. Mum used to cook us egg omelette with lots of onions when I was young. These days, we love to eat a cold dish, smoked salmon with spanish onions + some lemon juice, a dish that my father-in-law will prepare on family gathering.

Chef and Sommelier said...

Simple but very appetizing dish!

cherry potato said...

这个蛋我很喜欢,可是每次都煎得乌漆麻黑的很难看。

你的 cincaluk 烘蛋害我口水直流!

zila norazila said...

hi sonia.
simple but yummyy..nnt i nk try:))

petrina said...

Looks yummy! Can't wait until I'm out if confinement to eat shrimp again!

Ana Regalado said...

Are you sure no more leftovers ?! lol Love your simple and delicious dish !

Small Kucing said...

argh...i made this twice...both times fail...first round coz too salty...second round no salty enough...

going to use your recipe. sure will get it right :)

Small Kucing said...

argh...i made this twice...both times fail...first round coz too salty...second round no salty enough...

going to use your recipe. sure will get it right :)

My Little Space said...

See what I mean! Women love to collect stuffs like this. haha.... I used to but not anymore.
Kristy

cikmanggis said...

Cm peminat pinggan enamel.jika jumpa yg menarik mesti beli.My mom panggil pinggan ni pinggan Namania hehe.

Wah nmpk klasik telur cencalok dlm pinggan enamel...thn 60an hehe

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Ohhh drooling this can make me forget to diet and have second serving.

mui mui said...

Sonia,
Your cincaluk omelette looks so good.
Did you wedges your onions and stir fried first?
Love your enamel plates too, can't find such pretty ones nowadays .

lena said...

yeah, not easy to get these kind of enamel plates anymore especially with prints :(

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

I haven't seen enamel plates/bowls for ages! This is a pretty plate and your omelette looks delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin